Synergy Multi-Academy Trust comprises ten Norfolk schools serving children between the ages of 2 and 18. Our schools work collaboratively together to raise standards and provide education of the highest possible standard, offering the best of opportunities for pupils. The Trust was initially established in 2015. We believe that all of our schools have strengths and areas to develop, and that all can improve through sharing expertise and wisdom. The Trust understands that there will be excellent practice in each school, and that every school will be able to contribute to the development of the Trust as a whole.
Gifted & Talented
RHSC places particular emphasis on making sure its most able pupils and students achieve to their full potential.
The school does not normally enter pupils early for GCSE examinations. We know that top universities want students with grades 7 - 9 at GCSE and believe that early entry can harm a pupil's prospects.
However, in special circumstances where a pupil has an advanced knowledge of a subject, we do consider early entry. For example, we have had pupils who have lived abroad and are subsequently already fluent in another language. In such cases early entry would be appropriate.
In order to stretch the most able,
- pupils are set in some subjects at the start of Year 7 and in nearly all subjects by the start of Year 8
- really high attaining pupils are tracked to ensure progress is maintained
- lessons are designed to stretch the most able and teacher expectations are high.
In addition, the most able are given numerous other opportunities to develop their skills:
- writing for the school magazine
- participating in debates
- acting as international ambassadors
- participating in a whole range of opportunities to travel abroad
- participation in music, cultural and sporting activities
Designed to enrich, extend and accelerate the learning of our more able pupils.
Below are six challenges designed specifically for Gifted and Talented pupils. If you are interested in trying one of them, go and see Mlle Teillet who will give you a copy for you to complete at home. Once completed, tasks should be handed in to Mlle Teillet. The best piece of work for each challenge will receive a certificate and a prize.